TUTORIAL – Reverse engineering of a turbine with QUICKSURFACE 3D – Step-by-Step
Sometimes objects may look simple, but they require knowledge and strategy to reconstruct. In this 20 minutes tutorial, you can learn how to use some of the major powerful tools for reverse engineering using QUICKSURFACE 3D reverse engineering software.
Reverse engineering of a turbine with QUICKSURFACE 3D
- Start with importing the mesh, analyzing the part and reconstruct the bodies. Step-by-step create bodies, patterns and combine them to get the final result
Original physical part
Imported STL scan data in QUICKSURFACE
Reconstructed fully parametric CAD model
And this is the full video tutorial:
You can download the same sample part and practice yourself. Click here to download the file.
To learn more about QUICKSURFACE 3D software click here.
Why you need QUICKSURFACE
QUICKSURFACE is a complete reverse- engineering solution that complements any 3D scanner and is created for engineers who want access to 3D modelling, but do not have the time to learn complex traditional CAD systems.
QUICKSURFACE – the bridge between 3D scanning and Manufacturing.It provides you with tools to:
– Create producible designs
– Edit and repair CAD data for broken tools and molds
– Increase design capabilities
– Use existing assets to reverse engineer new parts
– Design bespoke products
– Export remodelled data for 3D printing
– Transform physical parts into CAD for new designs
– Create new parts to fit with existing parts
– Simplify models for simulation
– Prepare models for manufacturing
– Speed up your time for manufacturing
– Reduce costs for design